Privacy Notice of the European Recycling Industries’ Confederation (EuRIC) AISBL
EuRIC takes your privacy very seriously. Please read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information how and why we collect, store and use your personal data. It also explains your rights in relation to your personal data and how to contact us.
EuRIC collects and processes certain personal data about you within the framework of its activities. When we do so we are subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, which applies to the processing of personal data in the context of the activities of an establishment of a controller or a processor in the Union.
By submitting any Personally Identifiable Information to us, you consent and agree that we may collect, use and disclose such Personally Identifiable Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice, and as permitted or required by law, and may disclose the information to a third party, such as business partners, or as otherwise authorized under applicable law.
Types of personal data
- Position - function
- E-mail address
- Telephone number (landline and/or mobile phone)
- Residence address
- Company name
- Company address
- Invoicing and payment details
- All personal data provided in the ‘free field’ when completing a contact form
Methods of personal data collection
- Collaboration with EuRIC
- Visiting the website of EuRIC
- Incoming and outgoing correspondence with EuRIC
- Appealing on the services of EuRIC
- Registrations to conferences/events/workshops/etc organized by EuRIC.
- Taking pictures and video recording, taken during events or voluntarily received
- Exchanging of business cards
Use of personal data
- Responding to questions (whether or not received through the contact form)
- Sending newsletters
- Sending advertisements for conferences/events/workshops and activities linked to recycling supported by EuRIC
- Follow-up after a meeting
- Providing support/assistance (e.g. in case of problems)
- Conducting customer satisfaction studies, surveys and other market research
- Registrations and confirmation of registrationstoconferences/events/workshops organized by EuRIC
- Issuing invoices and the collection thereof
- Legally required publications (Moniteur Belge, etc.)
- Right to access your personal data
- Right to rectify, complete or update your personal data
- Right to delete your personal data
- Right to limit the processing of your personal data
- Right to transferability of your personal data
- Right to object to/oppose the processing of your personal data
- by email: email@example.com or
- by post at:
Boulevard Auguste Reyers 80
If you no longer wish to receive information about the conferences/events/workshops and activities linked to recycling supported by EuRIC, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" button underneath each of EuRIC impersonal emails.
Security of personal data
EuRIC undertakes to take reasonable, physical, technological and organisational precautions in order to avoid (i) unauthorised access to your personal information, and (ii) loss, abuse or alteration of your personal data. Your personal data is used exclusively for our own purposes. If you do not wish to receive EuRICcommunications, you may inform us at any time.
Notwithstanding precautions taken, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. Since no method of transmission or forwarding over the internet, or any method of electronic storage is 100% secure, EuRICis, in this context, not in a position to guarantee absolute security.
Update Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice was published on 24 May 2018. EuRIC is entitled to update this Privacy Notice by posting a new version on the Website. As such, it is strongly recommended to regularly consult the Website and the page displaying the Privacy Notice, to make sure that you are aware of any changes.
The website of the European Recycling Industries’ Confederation (EuRIC) may use “cookies.”
Explanations about cookies
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record keeping purposes. It enables the website to remember your actions and over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Control of cookies
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do so, some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.