Metabuilding: Enhancing the circularity in the Construction Sector
The construction sector needs to challenge its usual practices and innovate at a higher pace than ever before. For that, METABUILDING, an EU-funded H2020 project, has developed an innovation ecosystem that brings together stakeholders from construction and four emerging industrial sectors; recycling & circularity, additive manufacturing, nature-based solutions, and digital industry.
As part of the METABUILDING outreach activities and with the goal of fostering the cross-sectoral cooperation, a workshop will be held in Brussels on the circular economy & recycling practices in the building environment.
The objective of this event is:
- Present the EU's Circular Economy Action Plan and the latest legislative developments to make the construction sector greener (including the revised EU Construction Products Regulation)
- Present METABUILDING platform: fostering new cross-sectoral, cross-border industrial value chains.
- Showcase successful collaborative projects and METABUILDING winners on the building & recycling sector.
- Discuss on the circularity and recycling challenge for the construction sector: state of play and future prospects.
This workshop will bring together stakeholders from the construction and the recycling sector including industry associations, RTOs, policymakers, business, and SMEs.
Registration & Welcome Coffee
Opening & introduction to METABUILDING Project
· Emmanuel Katrakis, Secretary General, EuRIC
· Alain Zarli, Secretary General, ECTP
· Germain ADELL, Deputy General Director, NOBATEK INEF4
Circular Economy Action Plan: Construction & buildings.
· Oscar Nieto Sanz, Policy Officer, DG GROW, European Commission
How to foster cross-sectoral cooperation? METABUILDING platform
· Claudia Hunziker Keller, Head of Innovation Ecosystems, NOBATEK INEF4
· Emre Yontem, Director & CTO, EcoWise
The role of Additive manufacturing technologies in sustainable construction and circular economy
· Paula Queipo Rodríguez, AM-Platform Deputy Coordinator, IDONIAL
11:00 – 12:00
Increasing recycling, recovery and integration of raw materials from recycling. Successful collaborative projects, METABUILDING winners.
· Alberto Miguéns, Senior Researcher of Advanced Materials Area, CETIM
· Nikola Tošić, Partner at Smart Engineering S.L
· Lorena Rodríguez, CEO, 360 Soluciones Cambio Climático
· Annie Guerriero, LIST – Luxembourg
Panel Discussion: Circularity drivers in the construction sector
· Bernard Gilmont, Director Engineered Products and Business Development, European Aluminium
· Mario Sunseri, President SGI Ingegneria SrL, ANPAR Delegated
· Joseph Hurtado, EU Development and Business intelligence Officer Materalia
· Federica Pozzi, Programme Manager, ECOS
If the form isn't showing, please click HERE