Recyclers’ Talks #3: Circular Metals and Global Value Chains
A webinar series connecting the dots between EU decision-makers and recyclers to discuss the building blocks required to speed up the transition towards a more circular economy and achieve Europe's climate neutral agenda.
Metal recycling plays a key role in Europe’s circular and climate neutral objectives. Thanks to their intrinsic properties, metals can be indefinitely recycled without losing their properties. Yet, more can be done to better reward metal recycling and circular metal value chains, while preserving the competitiveness of Europe’s recycling industry. Join EuRIC Recyclers’ Talks#3 on Circular Metals to learn more.
Keynote Opening Interventions (14h00 – 14h40)
- Susie BURRAGE, President of EuRIC Non-Ferrous Metal Recycling and Trade Branch (EUROMETREC) – Opening Words
- Hildegard BENTELE, Member of the European Parliament
- Frank POTHEN, Head of Fraunhofer IMW branch, Halle (Saale), Center for Economics of Materials CEM
Panel Discussion with Q&As from the audience (14h40 – 15h50)
- Maria NYBERG, Policy Officer - Energy Intensive Industries and Raw Materials, DG GROW, European Commission
- Axel EGGERT, Director General, EUROFER
- Tom BIRD, President of BIR
- Thomas PAPAGEORGIOU, President of EuRIC Ferrous Recycling Branch (EFR)
- Murat BAYRAM, Director and Head of European Non-Ferrous, EMR
Concluding remarks and policy recommendations (15h50 – 16h00)
- Olivier FRANCOIS, Vice-President of EuRIC
The event will be moderated by Kira TAYLOR, Journalist @EURACTIV