EuRIC is part of the IFAT Supporting Program – Join us!
EuRIC, the European Recycling Industries’ Confederation is organising a panel discussion entitled “The European Green Deal – A green revolution? Implications for the waste management and recycling industry” on 31 May 2022 from 11:20 to 12:05 CEST during IFAT. The panel discussion will take place at Hall A5 ‘’Forum Waste / Secondary Raw Materials Grows’’ and consist of high-level speakers from the European Commission, the German Ministry of Environment (BMU), an NGO as well as the recycling industry.
During the panel discussion, we will have a closer look at the implementation of the European Green Deal and the new Circular Economy Action Plan. This tsunami of regulatory changes brings many challenges but also opportunities for the recycling industry. From waste shipments to the revision of many other pieces of waste legislation as well as the revolution stemming from the sustainable products initiative, this panel will examine the latest developments taking place in Brussels and what it means for the waste management and recycling industry.
- Opening Remarks by Emmanuel Katrakis, EuRIC Secretary General
- Panel Discussion
- Mattia Pellegrini, Head of Unit, From waste to resources, DG Environment, European Commission
- Andreas Jaron, German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection, Head of Division WR II 1 "General, Principal and International Matters of Circular Economy, Transboundary Movement of Waste"
- Henriette Schneider, Senior Expert Circular Economy, Deutsche Umwelthilfe e.V.
- Sebastian Will, Deputy Chairman, bvse
- Closing Remarks by Murat Bayram, Director EMR
Moderation: Julia Blees, EuRIC Policy Director
If you are attending IFAT, join us on 31 May! You can find the latest information here. We’re looking forward to seeing you in Munich!